What is aloe vera?
Aloe Vera or also simply known as aloe is a succulent plant that belongs to the lily family. Naturally, there are about 400 different species of aloe but only one is extremely beneficial to us; Aloe Vera. This plant is made out of only green leaves with spikes at the edge and has a thick, clear, jelly-like filling inside the leaves; often describe as gel. The best thing about aloe vera is that its gel can be easily extracted and used in several ways to get countless benefits related to skin, health, weight loss and much more. Aloe vera can also be used in foods especially salads for a boost of healthy eating. It can be consumed raw as well as in cooked foods. In Malaysia, aloe vera is commonly made into two categories. One as casual consumption (especially in drinks) and the other as medication for the skin. However, what most people do not realize is that it actually has a vast amount of minerals and vitamins including vitamin A, B and C followed by basic amino acids (proteins)! The vitamins and minerals are so abundant that it actually beat the nutritional contains in apples, oranges and even lemons!
Did You Know? Aloe Vera plant has been mention in the bible six times as fragrance, incense and as offering!
Aloe Vera Benefits
Primarily with it’s re-hydration, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects, aloe vera can also be used for:
In a nutshell, aloe vera’s therapeutic properties can be divided into the following categories:
- It eases and even cures inflammatory process in our bodies due to diet (eg. diabetes) and physical exposure (eg. physical injuries, cuts)
- Regular consumption of aloe vera juice with treat various inner medical problems such as diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders and many more.
- It has an excellent moisturizing effect; firming, increasing elasticity, toning, rejuvenating, and also revitalizing the skin.
- The gel has hydration and healing abilities to ease irritating skin and also treat damaged skin caused by the chemical pollutions around us and also allergies.
- With it’s strong antibacterial properties, it is a perfect solution to treat a vast status of infections caused by fungal, bacterial and even viral